A SAKYA DIGITAL LIBRARY functions under the direction of:
- International Buddhist Academy, Kathmandu (Nepal), an institution established by Khenchen Appey Rinpoche in 2001 with the objective to:
- make higher Tibetan Buddhist studies and contemplative practice available to the non-Tibetan community;
- preserve, publish and translate the literary heritage of the Sakya tradition; and
- further the training of the new generation of Sakya leaders.
The academy is under the direction of Khenpo Ngawang Jorden, PhD.
- Sachen International, a leading publisher of Sakya texts based in Kathmandu under the direction of Guru Lama, established to fulfil the noble aspirations of the Sakya masters H.E. Chogye Trichen Rinpoche (1920-2007) and Khenchen Appey Rinpoche (1927-2010).
- Chödung Karmo Translation Group, an international translation committee founded in 2010 at the International Buddhist Academy, Kathmandu, to help fulfil the late Khenchen Appey Rinpoche’s vision for the preservation and transmission of the Buddha Dharma for the non-Tibetan community.
This project is funded by the Khenchen Appey Foundation.